Timely Security Notice – Indecent Exposure on Campus (UPDATE)
UPDATE: ARREST (11/7/2012 1:47 p.m.)
A white male who was being sought by VUPD for exposing himself has been located, arrested and taken into custody. The suspect was located by VUPD, interviewed and confessed to the crime during the interview.
At approximately 8:15 a.m, Nov. 5, 2012, VUPD was informed by two Vanderbilt University staff members that they observed a white male sitting in a vehicle at the metered parking area at Vanderbilt Place and 24th Ave. S. The male was reported to be masturbating. When he realized he was being watched the person left the parking area and drove south on 24th Ave. S. A vehicle matching the description was seen at the intersection of 24th Ave. S. and Highland Ave. and was last seen turning south onto 25th Ave. S.
White male, dark brown hair, wearing glasses, driving a red, four-door, Volkswagen sedan. TN license plate G9390E. Last seen driving south on 25th Ave. S.
VUPD#: 12-119702 MNPD#: 12-0873374
If you have information relating to this or a similar incident, please call the Vanderbilt University Police Department at (615) 322-2745. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Nashville Crime Stoppers at 74-CRIME (615-742-7463)
Risk Reduction Tips
- If someone piggybacks on your entry and you feel uncomfortable or concerned about speaking to them directly, contact VUPD immediately.
- Report any suspicious persons to VUPD. Be prepared to describe the person as best as you can.
- Watch out for each other. If you see someone who looks like they do not belong in the residence hall, contact VUPD.
Please Remember Our On-Campus Resources
- Psychological & Counseling Center – (615) 322-2571
- Employee Assistance Program – (615) 936-1327
- Student Health Services – (615) 322-2427
- Margaret Cunninggim Women’s Center – (615) 322-4843
- Project Safe – (615) 322-SAFE (7233)
** REPORT SUSPICIOUS PERSONS, VEHICLES, OR ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY! **
ON CAMPUS, DIAL 911 OR USE A BLUE LIGHT PHONE! FROM A CELL PHONE, CALL (615) 421-1911
In compliance with the U.S. Department of Higher Education and the Jeanne Clery Act, Security Notices are issued to provide Timely Warning information concerning a potentially dangerous criminal situation at or near Vanderbilt University to allow our students and employees to have both the time and the information necessary to make decisions or take appropriate actions concerning their own personal safety.