Daily Crime Log
Click HERE to view the Daily Crime Log.
Daily Crime Report Procedure
All Daily Crime Report entries will be open to public inspection within two business days of the initial report being made to Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD), except where disclosure of such information is prohibited by law or such disclosure would jeopardize the confidentiality of the victim.
When identifying the location might disclose the identity of a sexual assault victim, the generic location listing “Vanderbilt University” will be used for the location.
Entries made into the Daily Crime Report will contain the following:
- Date/Time – The date & time the incident was reported.
- Date/Time – The date & time the incident occurred.
- Incident number – The VUPD incident number.
- Location – The location where the incident occurred.
- Offense – The classification of the offense that was reported. In the event that more than one offense is reported, all the offenses will be listed under this category.
- Disposition – The disposition is the current status of the reported incident.
- Active/Open – The case is not cleared and has a reasonable solvability factor. The matter will be investigated further.
- Inactive – No current solvability factors present.
- Closed – Enforcement action taken.
- Unfounded: A determination is made through investigation that a reported offense or attempted offense is false or baseless.
- Source: If other than the Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD)
- MNPD – Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
- CSA – Campus Security Authority
- Other LE
If new information about a particular incident becomes available, then the new information shall be recorded within two business days after the information becomes available to VUPD.
If there is clear and convincing evidence that the release of such information would jeopardize an ongoing criminal investigation or the safety of an individual, cause a suspect to flee or evade detection, or result in the destruction of evidence, such information may be withheld until that damage is no longer likely to occur from the release of such information.
Only those incidents which occurred in an area for which VUPD must report statistics or at a location where VUPD is the primary police responder will be included in the Daily Crime Report.