This policy explains your privacy when using the Vanderbilt University Police Department web site (police.vanderbilt.edu). Because it is a web site, the site administrators automatically have a small amount of information about your location, the dates and times you visit the site, the pages you view on the site, and how you found it.
Cookies are small files that many websites place on your hard drive. We use anonymous cookies for Google Analytics, an online tool we use to gather website usage data as part of our continuous effort to deliver quality service. We do not collect personally identifiable information of our web site users.
Our web server collects the following general information about you:
- your computer’s IP address;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the web address (URL) of each page or file on our site you visit;
- the name and version of web browser software you are using;
- the web address (URL) of the website that linked you to our site (e.g. google.com).
This information is stored automatically. It is not linked to your personal identity.
We do not obtain personal information about you when you visit police.vanderbilt.edu, unless you choose voluntarily to provide such information to us via online forms or email.