R.A.D. Self Defense
The Rape Aggression Defense System for Women is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. RAD Systems provides comprehensive courses that begin with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training.
RAD is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by certified RAD Instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth. The RAD System of physical defense is currently being taught at many colleges and universities. The growing, wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibility and unique teaching methodology.
The RAD Systems is dedicated to teaching defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault, by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide participants with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance.
Safety and survival in today’s world requires a definite course of action. We provide effective options, by teaching participants to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well being.
- Reliable, professional training by certified instructors
- Practical self-defense options that specifically apply to gender physiology and mind set
- R.A.D. is a comprehensive program emphasizing awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance
- A continuum of strategies to counteract assaults by strangers and acquaintances
- Integrity and compassion for participants
- In case a participant needs assistance with a past or future incidents, in-house (VUPD) Instructors can provide quick and knowledgeable access to university and other local resources
- Lifetime guarantee for education and practice
The cost for the Basic Self-Defense program is $20 for those who are affiliated with Vanderbilt and $40 for those who are not affiliated.
This program is unique providing a lifetime guarantee. A graduate of any R.A.D.s course taught by any instructor can return and practice anywhere in the country where the same course is being offered–absolutely cost free.
Space is limited. Reservations are required. Many classes have filled well in advance of the start date. Once the class has been filled we will not allow anyone else to register for it. In the rare event that a class has less than 5 people sign up that class will be canceled. Priority will be given in the next available class.