Home » Students
Your police department, comprised of over 100 dedicated men and women, stands ready to serve you.
Your safety and security is our highest priority. To help us accomplish this, we have a number of programs and services available for you. Among these are:
- Vandy Vans – The Vandy Vans provide transportation to designated locations on campus. The service consists of a daily express van and main route van from 5PM to 5AM, and a direct route between North Hall and Branscomb Quad on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Bicycles and laptop computers can be registered with VUPD on our website.
- R.A.D.(Rape Aggression Defense) self defense programs for women and men.
- Crime Alerts provide details of specific major crimes that occur at Vanderbilt.
- The Daily Crime Log provides a chronological listing of all reported crimes at Vanderbilt.
More information on the above programs and services can be found on this website. It is important to remember that we need your help in making your experience at Vanderbilt a safe one. Please assist us by practicing the following safety precautions:
- Lock the doors and windows of your room or building.
- Do not prop open doors or let strangers enter your building as you enter. This compromises the security of your building.
- Report suspicious activity immediately by calling VUPD at 911 or (615) 421-1911 for EMERGENCIES or (615) 322-2745 for NON-EMERGENCIES.
Lastly, the Vanderbilt University Police Department is happy to meet with any Vanderbilt student or student group concerning safety on campus. Please feel free to contact me at (615) 343-9750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your commitment to making Vanderbilt University a great place to live and learn.
Assistant Vice Chancellor and Chief of Police