VandySafeVanderbilt University Public Safety is thrilled to announce that VandySafe, previously SafeVU, is now LIVE and available for download on your smartphone through the Apple and Google Play stores.
With VandySafe, users can:
- Contact VUPD via phone call or real-time chat
- Trigger a mobile Bluelight that shares your location instantly with VUPD
- Initiate a "Virtual Walkhome" where VUPD can monitor your walk home, to the car, or the office
- Submit iReports and crime tips
- View information about VandyRide (previously Vandy Vans)
- Access support resources, such as Facilities, EAP and Project Safe
- View emergency guides
- Much more!
NEW! AlertVU has been linked with VandySafe.
VandySafe will now send a push notification to your mobile device in the event of an emergency on campus. AlertVU rapidly sends messages to the delivery points the user* has chosen—cell phone (voice or text), landline, and Vanderbilt email account—in the event of an emergency that poses an imminent threat or danger to the Vanderbilt community. Now, when VUPD issues an AlertVU, a push notification will also be sent to VandySafe users.** Examples of such a threat include a tornado forecast to strike Vanderbilt or an active shooter on campus.
*Users are Vanderbilt University students and employees working for Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
**VandySafe users must enable push notifications through the app to receive these messages.
Please note: if you downloaded the previous SafeVU app prior to June 30th 2018, you will need to delete the app from your phone and download the new app, VandySafe, through the Apple and Google Play stores.
Questions? Please email Jessamyn Davis with the Office of Emergency Preparedness.