Timely Security Notices
Timely Security Notice Policy
The Vanderbilt University Police Department will issue timely security notices under the following conditions:
- Incidents with one or more of the following classifications:
- Sex Offense; Forcible or Non-Forcible;
- Aggravated Assault;
- Motor Vehicle Theft;
- Arson; or
- When repeated offenses warrant public notice (multiple unsolved thefts with the same possible suspect(s) or established patterns)
- The offense occurs on or near Vanderbilt University facilities or property; and
- There is a reason to believe that there is a threat to students and/or employees;
- Additionally the department may issue a timely security notice for any crime when there is a compelling need to get information to the Vanderbilt Community about a specific crime.
*In compliance with the U.S. Department of Higher Education and the Jeanne Clery Act, Security Notices are issued to provide timely warning information concerning a potentially dangerous situation on or near Vanderbilt University. This information is provided to empower our students and employees the information necessary to make decisions or take appropriate actions concerning their own personal safety.