R.A.D. Class Schedule 2017
VUPD Training Annex at 115 28th Ave. S.
- March 16th, 23rd, & 30th, 2017 - 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Completion of the course requires attendance all 3 sessions listed) - CLASS IS FULL
- June 13th, 20th, & 27th, 2017 - 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ( Completion of the course requires attendance all 3 sessions listed) - CLASS IS FULL
- July 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2017 - 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ( Completion of the course requires attendance all 3 sessions listed)
100 Oaks at 719 Thompson Ln. (1st Floor Conference Room)
February 13th, 20th, & 27th, 2017 - 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Completion of the course requires attendance all 3 sessions listed) - CLASS IS FULL
- April 18th, 25th, & May 2nd 2017 - 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ( Completion of the course requires attendance all 3 sessions listed) (May 2nd is at SSA Building located at 115 28th Ave. S.) - CLASS IS FULL
*All classes are for females only unless specified as a Men's RAD Class
R.A.D. Advance Self-Defense builds on techniques and strategies from the Basic class. This program also covers more prone defense strategies, multiple subject encounters, and even low and diffused light simulation exercises.
Using the proven R.A.D. Systems philosophy, Aerosol Defense Options, (A.D.O.), destroys the myths and manufacture hype about pepper spray effectiveness and even its ability to deter a Committed Focused Aggressor. Learn the most realistic methods for accessing, deploying and assisting the aerosol defense option; and if it fails to work (and it may), learn the proven backup strategies needed for successful escape. R.A.D. Systems has conducted over 300 videotaped live test exposures to various aerosol products with a wide range of delivery systems. Stop believing a manufacturer's selling hype. We know what works and what doesn't through hands on experience.
The Rape Aggression Defense System for Women is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. RAD Systems provides comprehensive courses that begin with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training.
R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by certified RAD Instructors and provide you with a workbook/reference manual. This manual outlines the entire Physical Defense Program for reference and continuous personal growth. The RAD System of physical defense is currently being taught at many colleges and universities. The growing, wide spread acceptance of this system is primarily due to the ease, simplicity and effectiveness of our tactics, solid research, legal defensibly and unique teaching methodology.
The RAD Systems is dedicated to teaching defensive concepts and techniques against various types of assault, by utilizing easy, effective and proven self-defense/martial arts tactics. Our system of realistic defense will provide participants with the knowledge to make an educated decision about resistance.
Safety and survival in today’s world requires a definite course of action. We provide effective options, by teaching participants to take an active role in their own self-defense and psychological well being.
- Reliable, professional training by certified instructors
- Practical self-defense options that specifically apply to gender physiology and mind set
- R.A.D. is a comprehensive program emphasizing awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance
- A continuum of strategies to counteract assaults by strangers and acquaintances
- Integrity and compassion for participants
- In case a participant needs assistance with a past or future incidents, in-house (VUPD) Instructors can provide quick and knowledgeable access to university and other local resources
- Lifetime guarantee for education and practice
This Basic Self-Defense program is offered to Vanderbilt and the community free of charge.
This program is unique providing a lifetime guarantee. A graduate of any R.A.D. course taught by any instructor can return and practice anywhere in the country where the same course is being offered–absolutely cost free.
Space is limited. Reservations are required. Many classes have filled well in advance of the start date. Once the class has been filled we will not allow anyone else to register for it. In the rare event that a class has less than 5 people sign up that class will be canceled. Priority will be given in the next available class.
Questions? Email Sgt. Oakley - R.A.D. Coordinator for VUPD