Lost & Found
Property found by members of the Vanderbilt community may be turned in at any time to Lost and Found Services at the Vanderbilt University Police Department. Call (615) 322-2745 and an officer will be dispatched to your location.
Inquires About Lost Items
You can call VUPD’s property clerk to inquire about lost items. (615) 343-5371, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. VUPD Lost Item Inquiry Form
Unclaimed items are stored for six months.
Examples of accepted Items
- Cell Phones
- MP3 players/iPods
- Items having ownership information
Examples of items not accepted
- Clothing items
- Perishable items / Food
- Flammable Items (lighters, etc)
- Small recreational items (soccer balls, frisbees, baseballs, etc)
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc)
- Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc)
- Office supplies (individual notebooks, pens, etc)
Contraband and Items of high dollar value
Items considered contraband or of high dollar value shall be turned over to VUPD immediately upon receipt. This includes weapons such as guns, switchblade knives, knives with blades longer than four inches, etc. This also includes illegal substances such as marijuana, found prescription drugs, fireworks, and items of a high dollar value.
If you have questions…
If you have questions about whether VUPD will accept an item, please call Vanderbilt University Police Department at (615) 343-5371.