Skip to main content

Victim Services

Crime traumatizes everyone involved, starting with the victims. A variety of support systems may be needed to cope with the physical, emotional, financial and legal consequences of victimization.

The Vanderbilt University Police Department provides support for every victim of crime at Vanderbilt. We work to protect the rights and dignity of crime victims by providing them with support, referrals and advocacy in a compassionate, proactive and empowering manner.

For more information, contact Lt. Cheryl Bonner (email) at 615-588-8078 (cell).

What we do:

  • Work with a victim and available resources to develop a safe plan when a victim or officers feel there is a safety concern;
  • Accompany and support victims of crime through all medical and counseling issues and legal matters including court hearings, the filing of protection orders, law enforcement interviews, composition of a Victim Impact Statement, line-ups, depositions, etc.;
  • Provide emotional support to the victim while they seek to address their thoughts and feelings that arise as a result of being victimized;
  • Act as a liaison between the victim of a crime and any legal, medical, and/or counseling services which may be needed to address their needs; and
  • Ensure that victims of crime receive fair treatment in accordance with the State of Tennessee's Victim's Bill of Rights.


Getting Help

Medical Care

Workplace Violence

Counseling Services

Order of Protection

Victim's Resources

Victim's Bill of Rights

Other Resources


Getting Help

Calling the police

If you decide that you want to hold an individual accountable for committing a crime against you, it is imperative that you contact a Police Department to file a police report. In addition, it is also essential that you preserve any evidence which could assist in the prosecution of the defendant. The more evidence provided to the police, the more likely the district attorney's office will be able to hold the defendant accountable for his or her behavior.

Police response

Typically the Vanderbilt University Police Department will send one or two officers in response to your call. The police officer or officers will request information from you to complete a police report. They may also gather various types of evidence (i.e. clothes, a weapon, etc.), and assist you in getting the medical and emotional support services that you may need.

Reasons for reporting

There are a variety of reasons that you should consider reporting a crime that has been committed against you. Reasons for reporting include the following: to regain your sense of personal power and control, to document the crime that was committed against you, to preserve evidence of the crime, and to protect others from being victims of the same crime.

Having someone accompany you

Once you decide to file a police report, please know that you do not have to do so alone. With the help of a family member, a friend, or the Vanderbilt University Victim Services Coordinator, you can receive the emotional support you need in order to remain in control of your personal power when reporting a crime that has been committed against you.

Making a delayed report

Many victims of crime do not immediately report the incident. It is important to remember that making a delayed report is better than not making a report at all. However, the longer you wait to file a formal report with the Vanderbilt University Police Department, the harder it may become for the district attorney's office to prosecute your case.

Remembering more details

If you remember more details after you make the initial police report, you can contact the Vanderbilt University Police Department to provide them with the additional information.

Medical Care

A Medical Examination

In the event that you are sexually assaulted, it is important that you receive a complete and thorough medical legal examination (MLE). It is imperative that you receive a MLE in order to determine whether or not you have any injuries that you may not be able to immediately identify. A medical examination enables you to identify and preserve physical evidence associated with the crime. In addition, having a medical legal examination can result in the preventative treatment of sexually transmitted infections. You may also receive information regarding the risk of pregnancy resulting from a sexual assault.

Having Evidence Collected

Even if you are unsure as to whether or not you want to make an official police report, as well as unsure about whether or not you want the defendant prosecuted, it is important that you have a medical legal examination. Doing so enables you, the medical personnel, and law enforcement officials to identify and preserve physical evidence associated with the crime, which is the best way to leave your options open for the future. If you neglect to have an MLE within 72 hours of being sexually assaulted, the evidence will be lost.

Where to get Medical Care

If you are the victim of a sexual assault you can receive an MLE at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Adult Emergency Department.

Having Someone with You during the MLE

You may have a support person such as a family member, a friend, or the Vanderbilt University Victim Services Coordinator, with you throughout the medical care process.

Risks of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)

The likelihood of getting an STI as a result of a sexual assault depends upon a number of factors, including the type(s) of sexual contact that occurred, the number of assailants, and whether or not an assailant was infected with an STI at the time of the assault. Medical professionals provide sexual assault survivors two options in order to deal with the risks of STIs. You may either choose to reduce the risk of contracting certain STIs by taking immediate treatment which acts as a preventative measure or you may wait to determine whether or not you have contracted an STI or STIs before taking medication. Whichever option you choose, it is important that you be re-examined and re-tested to ensure that you have not contracted an STI or STIs.

Risks of Pregnancy

Your personal risk of becoming pregnant from a sexual assault depends on many factors, including the time in your menstrual cycle when the assault occurred, your current use of contraceptives, your fertility, the fertility of the assailant, and whether or not the assailant ejaculated in or near your vagina. A doctor or a nurse examiner can help you evaluate your personal risk of pregnancy. If it is determined that you are at risk for becoming pregnant as a result of being sexual assaulted, a medical care provider can explain the various treatment options available to you. If you choose to have immediate treatment to prevent the risk of a pregnancy, the options are most effective if you seek care within 72 hours after the assault. You may decide to wait to see if you become pregnant as a result of being sexual assaulted. In the event that you do decide to wait to determine whether or not you are pregnant, a health care provider can discuss your options with you.

Workplace Violence

Workplace violence includes but is not limited to intimidation, threats, physical attacks, domestic violence, or property damage. There are five types of workplace assailants, which include the following:

  1. The angry customer
  2. The medically/mentally ill patient
  3. The criminal
  4. The batterer in a domestic dispute
  5. The disgruntled employee

If you are a victim of violence in the workplace, please report the incident to Vanderbilt University Police Department, your supervisor, and/or the Employee Assistance Program.

Counseling Services

The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers counseling to faculty and staff members of the Vanderbilt community. For further information, please contact the EAP at (615) 936-1327.

The University Counseling Center (UCC) at Vanderbilt University provides services free of charge to the students and faculty and a minor service fee for staff of the Vanderbilt community. For further information, please contact the UCC at (615) 322-2571.

Office of Religious Life may allow you to confide in a clergy member of your choice. For further information, please contact the Office of Religious Life at (615) 322-2457.

In the event that you decide that you would like to seek counseling services outside of the Vanderbilt University community, there are a variety of services offered to you by both the Nashville community and national agencies. The city of Nashville provides the following counseling resources:

Sexual Assault Center
101 French Landing Drive
Nashville, TN 37228
(615) 259-9055
24 Hour Crisis Hotline: (800) 879-1999

Centerstone (Behavioral Health counseling)
PO Box 40406
Nashville, TN 37204
(615) 463-6600

Cumberland Heights
145 Thompson Lane
Nashville, TN 37211
(615) 353-4305

Family Safety Center
610 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37210
(615) 880-1100

Order of Protection

What is an Order of Protection?

An Order of Protection is a legal document which is signed by a judge and tells someone who is hurting or scaring you to stop or he or she will face serious legal consequences. It offers legal protection for victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault, and/or stalking.

  • Domestic abuse victims/perpetrators as defined for the purposes of obtaining an order of protection in the State of Tennessee include the following:
    • Adults or minors who are current or former spouses;
    • Adults or minors who live together or have lived together;
    • Adults or minors who are dating or who have dated or who have had a sexual relationship;
    • Adults or minors related by blood or adoption;
    • Adults or minors who are related or were formerly related by marriage; and
    • Adult or minor children of a person in a relationship that is described above.

If you as the victim are harmed by any of the aforementioned persons in any of the following ways, you are eligible to file for an order of protection:

  • Physical injury on an adult or minor by other than accidental means;
  • Placing an adult or minor in fear of physical harm;
  • Physical restraint;
  • Malicious damage to the personal property of the abused party; and
  • Physical injury on any animal owned, possessed, leased, kept, or held by an adult or minor or placing an adult or minor in fear of physical harm to any animal owned, possessed leased, kept or held by the adult or minor.
  1. Sexual Assault for the purposes of obtaining an order of protection involves any forced or coerced penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth, by any part of another person's body or by an object, or unwanted contact with the genital area, inner thighs, buttocks, or the breasts of a female (clothed or unclothed), or forcing a person to touch another's intimate parts.

Sexual Assaults can include child sexual abuse, rape, attempted rape, incest, exhibitionism, voyeurism, obscene phone calls, fondling, and sexual harassment.

In addition, rape occurs when anyone forces you to have sex without your consent, has sex with you if you are 13 years of age to 18 years of age and they are four or more years older than you, or has sex with you when you are less than 13 years of age.

  1. Stalking for the purposes of obtaining an order of protection involves repeated or cumulative behaviors that serve no purpose other than to annoy, threaten, or cause fear for another individual.

Harassment is a form of stalking that involves conduct that has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individuals performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment

Stalking behaviors include but are not limited to:

  • Following
  • Repeated, unwanted
    • phone calls,
    • emails,
    • text messages,
    • instant messages
    • "Facebook" or "Myspace" messages
  • Vandalism of personal property
  • Becoming "friends" with all of your friends
  • Leaving unwanted gifts and objects for you at your home, on your car, at work, etc.
  • Showing up everywhere you go
  • Monitoring your activities

How can an order of protection help you?


An order of protection may do the following:

  • Order the perpetrator not to call you, contact or otherwise communicate with you, directly or indirectly;
  • Order the perpetrator not to stalk you;
  • Award you custody of your children;
  • Require the perpetrator to pay spousal and/or child support;
  • Award you sole possession of your residence (in other words, force the perpetrator to move out and let you stay in the home) or force the perpetrator to provide alternative housing for you;
  • Require the perpetrator to pay for the cost of the court proceedings;
  • Require the perpetrator to attend counseling programs that address violent behavior or substance abuse problems;
  • Forbid the perpetrator from possessing, owning or buying firearms;
  • Award the custody, care and control of your animal;
  • Order the perpetrator to do anything else you ask for providing the judge agrees to the conditions.

Whether or not a judge grants all or any of the measures above depends on the facts of your case.

Can I get an order of protection?

Orders of protection in the state of Tennessee are designed to protect victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault, or stalking.

If anyone has stalked you or sexually assaulted you, you can ask the court for an order of protection.

If someone has abused you, though, you need to have a special relationship with them to get an order of protection. You can only seek a protection order because of domestic abuse if the abuser is one of the following:

  • Your husband or ex-husband;
  • Your wife or ex-wife;
  • Someone you live with or used to live with;
  • Anyone you are dating or used to date;
  • Anyone you are having a sexual relationship with or used to have a sexual relationship with;
  • A same-sex partner you have lived with, dated, or had a sexual relationship with;
  • Anyone you are related to by blood or adoption; or
  • Anyone you are related to by marriage or used to be related to by marriage.

Types of orders of protection

In Tennessee there are two types of protection orders for victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault, and stalking.

Temporary Protection Orders (TPOs)

Temporary Protection Orders are also known as "ex parte" orders. Temporary Protection Orders are short-term orders that are designed to protect you until you are issued an Extended Protection Order. TPOs may be granted without the perpetrator's knowledge, although the authorities will notify him or her if you are granted a TPO. You can ask for a TPO at the same time as you ask for an Extended Protection Order (EPO). A TPO last 15 days, or until the full hearing for you EPO.

Extended Protection Orders (EPOs)

Extended Protection Orders are only issued after a full court hearing. They protect you for a longer period of time and can offer you a wider variety of protection measures than a TPO. EPOs last up to one year. Before your order expires, you can ask for a one-year extension.

How much does it cost? Do I need a lawyer?

There are no fees for filing for an order of protection. However, after the hearing, the judge will usually assign any court costs to one of the parties. This is typically the respondent (the perpetrator). If you drop your petition or if it is not granted, the judge may assign costs to you.

You do not need a lawyer to file for an order of protection. However, you may wish to have a lawyer, especially if the perpetrator has a lawyer. If you can, contact a lawyer to make sure that your legal rights are protected.

Steps for getting an order of protection

Step 1: Get the necessary forms

To start your case, you will need to fill out the necessary forms for a protection order. If the crime occurred in Davidson County, you can obtain the forms from Project Safe at Vanderbilt University (615) 322-7233 or from Night Court located in the Davidson Criminal Justice Center located at 448 2nd Avenue North Nashville, TN, (615) 862-8123.

Step 2: Carefully fill out the forms

On the Order of Protection paperwork or petition, you will be the "petitioner" and the perpetrator will be the "respondent". On the petition, in the box provided for explaining why you want the order of protection, write briefly about the most recent incident of violence, using specific language (slapping, hitting, grabbing, threatening, etc.) that fits your situation. Include details and dates, if possible. Clerks, magistrates and the Vanderbilt Police Department's Victim Services Coordinator can show you which blanks to fill in, but they cannot help you decide what to write.

If you need immediate protection, tell the magistrate that you want to file for a temporary (ex-parte) protection order. A judge can grant you a temporary protection order if you or your child or children are in immediate danger. (The perpetrator does not have to be with you or be told that you are asking the magistrate for a temporary protection order.)

Do not sign the petition without first checking with the magistrate. You may need to sign the petition in front of a notary public or court official.

If you are staying at a shelter, give a Post Office Box, not the street address. If you do not have a safe address, do not fill it out-ask the magistrate first how you can keep your address confidential.

Step 3: Bring some form of your identification (i.e. license, passport, birth certificate, etc.) and indentifying information about the perpetrator

When you go to Night Court, remember to bring some form of identification. It is also helpful to bring identifying information about the perpetrator if you have it, such as:

  • A photo
  • Social security number
  • Addresses of residence and employment
  • Phone numbers
  • A description and plate number of the perpetrator's vehicle
  • Any history of drugs, violence, or gun ownership

Step 4: Go to Night Court to file the forms

You will need to file the forms in the county where you live or in the county where the abuse occurred. In order to file the forms during business hours, go to Night Court. Inform the magistrate that you want to file for an order of protection.

Step 5: Ex parte hearing

When you return your petition to the magistrate, she or he will send it to a judge. The judge may wish to ask you questions about your petition. If you request a temporary order to protect yourself until your hearing for the EPO, the judge will decide whether or not to grant you the temporary order. This is called the ex parte hearing. If the judge believes you or your child or children are in serious and immediate danger, she or he may give you a temporary order which is good for 15 days which lasts until your full court hearing.

Whether the judge or magistrate grants you a temporary order or not, you will be given a court date for a full court hearing within 15 days. This hearing will be in front of a judge at the time shown on the Notice of Hearing. At this hearing, the perpetrator and you will both have a chance to explain your sides of the situation to the judge. If you received a temporary order, keep it with you at all times.

Step 6: Service of process

After you file the petition and a hearing date has been determined, the court will order the appropriate authorities to serve the perpetrator with a notice of hearing. If you have been granted a temporary protection order, the police or sheriff will serve the perpetrator with that as well.

Contact the police or sheriff to make sure they received your paperwork (the notice of hearing and your temporary protection order, if the judge granted you one). Also check to see if the perpetrator has been served. If the police or sheriff have not received your paperwork, you may wish to give them a copy of your order. Do not jeopardize your safety by attempting to serve your perpetrator in person.

Step 7: What will I have to prove at the hearing?

As the petitioner requesting a protection order you must:

  • Prove that the respondent has committed acts of domestic abuse, sexual assault, or stalking and
  • Convince a judge that you need the protection of a protection order because your safety is at risk.

Step 8: Full court hearing

On the day of the hearing, you must go to the hearing to ask for an EPO, which will last for up to one year. At the hearing, a judge will decide whether or not to give you your EPO.

It is very important for you to go to the hearing. If you do not go to the hearing, your temporary protection order will expire. If the perpetrator does not show up for the hearing, the judge may still grant you an EPO or may reschedule the hearing.

If you absolutely cannot go to the hearing at the scheduled time, you may call the judge's office to ask that your case be continued, but the judge may deny your request.

After the Hearing

What should I do when I leave the courthouse?

  • Review the order before you leave the courthouse. If something is wrong or missing, ask the clerk to correct the order before you leave.
  • Keep a copy of the order with you at all times.
  • Leave copies of the order at your work place, at your home, at your children's school or daycare, in your car, with a sympathetic neighbor, and so on.
  • Give a copy of the order to the security guard or person at the front desk where you live and/or work.
  • Give a copy of the order to anyone who is named in and protected by the order.
  • If the court has not given you an extra copy for your local police, take one of your extra copies and deliver it to them.
  • You may wish to consider changing your locks and your phone number.

One week after court, call your local law enforcement offices to make sure they have received copies of the EPO from the clerk. You may also wish to make a safety plan. Please contact the Office of Victim Intervention and Education at 615-343-0883 in order to devise a safety plan.

I was not granted an order of protection. What are my options?

If you are not granted an order of protection, there are still some things you can do to stay safe. It might be a good idea to contact one of the domestic abuse organizations in your area to get help, support, and advice on how to stay safe. They can help you develop a safety plan and help you connect with the resources you need.

Domestic abuse, sexual assault, and stalking are all against the law. Whether or not a judge gives you a protection order, you have the right to report a crime to the police and request that they press charges against the perpetrator.

You may also be able to reapply for the protection order if you have new evidence to show the court that domestic abuse did occur, or if a new incident of domestic abuse occurs after you are denied the order.

If you believe the judge made an error of law, you can talk to someone at a domestic abuse organization or a lawyer about the possibility of an appeal. Generally, appeals are complicated and you will most likely need the help of a lawyer.

What if the perpetrator violates the order?

Violating an order of protection is against the law. There are two methods, criminal and civil, to get help if the perpetrator violates the order of protection. One method is through the police or sheriff (criminal). If the perpetrator violates the protection order, call 911 immediately. In some cases, the respondent or perpetrator can be arrested right away and held in jail for at least 12 hours. Tell the officers you have a protection order and the respondent is violating the order. If the respondent is arrested, the District Attorney can prosecute the perpetrator because it is a crime to violate a protection order. If the respondent is found guilty of violation of a protection order, he or she may be put in jail. A second method is through the civil court system (civil). You may file for civil contempt for a violation of the order. The perpetrator is in "civil contempt if he or she does anything that your protection order instructs him or her not to do. To file for civil contempt, go to the clerk's office and ask for the forms to file for civil contempt.

How do I change or extend the protection order?

To modify your order, go back to the court where you got it and file a petition with the clerk. You can extend a protection order for one year by filing another petition. After filing for an extension, the process is very similar to getting your first protection order. You will need to explain to the judge why you need continued protection. It is important that you file for an extension before your first protection order expires, or else you may have to restart the process.

A hearing must be scheduled within 15 days of filing the petition to extend your order for another year. The judge may issue a temporary order to protect you until the time of the hearing if he or she believes you are at risk. At that hearing, the judge will decide whether or not to grant the extension based on the facts of the case. You may be able to extend your protection order more than once, though to do so you would have to return to court each year.

What happens if I move?

If you move within Tennessee, your order will still be valid and good. It is a good idea to call the clerk of courts where you originally received the order to tell them your new address so that they can contact you if necessary.

Additionally, the federal law provides what is called "Full Faith and Credit", which means that once you have a criminal or civil protection order; it follows you wherever you go, including U.S. Territories and tribal lands. Different states have different rules for enforcing out-of-state protection orders. You can find out about your state's policies by contacting a domestic abuse program, the clerk of courts, or the prosecutor in your area.

If you are moving out of state, you should call the domestic abuse program in the state where you are moving to in order to find out how that state treats out-of-state orders. If you are moving to a new state, you may also call the National Center on Full Faith and Credit (1-800-903-0111) for information on enforcing your order.

Also, civil protection orders may not be enforceable on military bases, and military protection orders may not be enforceable off base. Please check with your local police department, court clerk, and/or domestic abuse advocate for more details.

Can I get more specific information about protection orders in my county?

The Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee publishes pamphlets with specific information on protection orders in the following counties:

  • Cannon
  • Cheatham
  • Davidson
  • Dickson
  • Houston
  • Humphreys
  • Macon
  • Montgomery
  • Robertson
  • Rutherford
  • Smith
  • Stewart
  • Sumner
  • Trousdale
  • Williamson
  • Wilson


Victim's Resources


PO Box 40406 Nashville, TN 37204
(615) 463-6600

Crisis Intervention and Support Groups
316 West Side Row Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-1333

Crisis Intervention Center
201 23rd Avenue North Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 244-7444

Cumberland Heights
145 Thompson Lane Nashville, TN 37211
(615) 353-4305

Davidson County Sheriff's Office
506 2nd Avenue North Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 862-8123

Disability Services
2301 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37240
(615) 322-4705

Domestic Violence Counseling Services
811 Second Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37210
(615) 880-3000

Domestic Violence Intervention Center
1608 Woodmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37215
(615) 255-0711

Employee Assistance Program
1211 21st Avenue Suite 018 Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 936-1327

Every Two Minutes
316 West Side Row Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-1333

Faculty/Staff Outreach
316 West Side Row Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-3774

Family & Children's Service-Crisis Intervention Center
201 23rd Avenue North Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 320-0591

Freedom Recovery Community
2100 Clifton Avenue Nashville, TN
(615) 251-8805

Hand in Hand
316 West Side Row Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 936-7273

Hope Clinic for Women
1810 Hayes Street Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 321-0833

Interfaith Dental Clinic
1721 Patterson Street Nashville, TN
(615) 329-4790

Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee, Inc.
300 Deaderick Street Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 244-6610

Lentz Public Health Center
311 23rd Avenue North Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 340-5616

Margaret Cuninggim Women's Center
316 West Side Row Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-4843

Metro Nashville Police Department
200 James Robertson Parkway Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 862-7400

Morningstar Sanctuary
PO Box 568 Madison, TN
(615) 860-0003

Nashville Child Advocacy Center
1808 West End Avenue Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 327-9958

Nashville Victim Intervention Program
1900 Church Street, Suite 501 Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 862-7773

Oasis Center (Shelter for teens, ages 13-17)
1221 16th Avenue South Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 327-4455

Occupational Health Clinic
1211 21st Avenue Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 936-0955

Office of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Prevention
2301 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 343-4740

Office of Greek Life
2301 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-2048

Office of Housing and Residential Education
2401 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-2591

Office of LGBTQI Life
2301 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37235
(615) 322-3330

Office of Religious Life
2417 West End Avenue Nashville, TN 37240
(615) 322-2457

Office of the District Attorney General
222 2nd Avenue North Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 862-5500

Office of Victim Intervention and Education
2800 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-7846

Opportunity Development Center
2301 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37240
(615) 322-4705

Planned Parenthood of Middle & East Tennessee
50 Vantage Way #102 Nashville, TN 37228
(615) 345-0952

Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee
4751 Trousdale Drive Suite 201 Nashville, TN 37220
(800) 356-6767

Project Safe
316 West Side Row Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-1333

Psychological and Counseling Center
110 21st Avenue South Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-2571

Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network
2000 L Street, NW Suite 406 Washington, DC 20036
(202) 544-3064

SAVE (Transitional Living Program)
2013 25th Avenue North Nashville, TN 37208
(615) 255-0711

Security on Campus, Inc.
133 Ivy Lane, Suite 200 King of Prussia, PA 19406
(888) 251-7959

Sexual Assault Center
101 French Landing Drive Nashville, TN 37228
(615) 259-9055

Stalking Resource Center
2000 M Street NW, Suite 480 Washington, DC 20036
(202) 467-8700
For Victim Assistance, please call 1-800-FYI-CALL, M-F 8:30am-8:30pm EST,
or email

State of Tennessee Attorney General
425 5th Avenue North Nashville, TN
(615) 532-1971

Student Conduct and Academic Integrity
1210 Stevenson Center Lane Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-7868

Student Health and Wellness
1210 Stevenson Center Lane Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-0480

Student Health Services
1210 Stevenson Center Lane Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-2427

Tennessee Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
2 International Plaza Drive, Suite 425 Nashville, 37217
(615) 386-9406

Tennessee Criminal Injury Compensation Fund
9th Floor Andrew Jackson Building Nashville, TN 37243
(615) 741-2734

The Mary Parrish Center
200 Church Street Suite 400 Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 256-5959

The Next Door
128 8th Avenue South Nashville, TN 37202
(615) 251-8805

Ujima House
1411 9th Avenue North Nashville, TN 37208
(888) 719-9260

Vanderbilt University Police Department
2800 Vanderbilt Place Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 322-2745

Victim Witness Services
222 2nd Avenue North Nashville, TN 37201
(615) 862-5500

You Have The Power, Inc
2812 12th Avenue South Nashville, TN 37204
(615) 292-7027

Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA)
1608 Woodmont Blvd. Nashville, TN 37215
(615) 269-9922


Your Tennessee Crime Victims' Bill of Rights:

  1. The right to confer with the prosecutor about your case.
  2. The right to be free from harassment, intimidation and abuse throughout the criminal justice system.
  3. The right to be present at all proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present.
  4. The right to be heard, when relevant, at all critical stages of the criminal justice process as defined by the General Assembly.
  5. The right to be informed of all proceedings, and of the release, transfer or escape of the accused or convicted person.
  6. The right to a speedy trial or disposition and a prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction or sentence.
  7. The right to restitution from the offender.
  8. The right to know about each of these rights established for victims.



Other Resources

Please click on the links below for valuable information.